Monday, May 11, 2009

Welcome to my Summer in Turkey!

This post is a bit premature since my departure date is still a month away, but I wanted to set up the site and let everyone know what I was planning for the Summer. I was accepted into a State Department Critical Language Scholarship program to study Beginning Turkish in Izmir for the summer.

Prior to my departure I have another major paper, a trip across the country and a wedding in which I will marry the love of my life. So, there there is still much more to do but the anticipation is starting to hit me and I'm looking forward to a productive and exciting summer.

I am reading up on the history of Izmir and preparing for a few months of grueling language classes, weekend trips around the area and a fun-filled honeymoon along the Turquoise Coast. Pictures of the wedding and my first weeks will be forthcoming (much like the wedding and the first weeks).

I hope everyone is able to enjoy my trip along with me and I look forward to hearing from all of you during my travels!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog, Jeff! I look forward to living through you vicariously, as I will not likely travel to Turkey anytime soon. We do have a lovely brass table from Turkey sitting in the den (from Neil's childhood travels). The country looks absolutely stunning in your pictures. You've also inspired me to get back to blogging, since it's been 2 years since my one post. hmmm...what to say,
    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete