Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 1 in Izmir



Merhabalar! Day 1 in Izmir has finally arrived and I'm writing on a sticky note on my laptop because internet won't be up until Monday. Fortunately, that is just about the only problem I have encountered so far. After rumors at orientation that we would be rooming with strangers and that the accommodations were less than spectacular, the reality that we encountered on arrival put any fears to rest. I have my own room on the eighth floor of the dormitories with a view of the mountains to my left and the Bay of Izmir to the right. The room has two twin beds, a private bathroom, ample storage space, a TV and a refrigerator! Far better than I could have expected! And a welcome sight after a long plane ride from DC to Munich to Izmir. I'm tired and will probably leave exploration of the city for tomorrow, but for now I'm enjoying being settled in my new home for the next couple months. This probably won't go up until monday and by then I'll have a new round of updates and pictures. Tomorrow should be an exciting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment